Wednesday, February 1, 2012

'Flame of Prophecy' Cristobal

Novel-
'Dearest Lucy,
I woke this morning to find the world painted in hoarfrost. Here, in Paris, it may be the most beautiful thing there is right now. As the sun came up, I wrote the word 'Mercy' on a screen door as I walked to the American Cathedral on Avenue George V.
As I knelt to pray, I felt there were changes coming. I did not stay long but made my way back down the Avenue...
My footsteps were already half covered by the snow and the poignancy of this white dust art was not lost on me.
I stopped at the display window of Balenciaga, a 'flame of prophecy' rose startling me in the white landscape.
That one shock of colour was a little, little flame of hope in this black frock compendium... and maybe, Cristobal, which means 'bearing Christ' was named to carry this torch.
Valentine's Day is coming soon, my dearest Lucy. If you happen by New York, buy a gown by Cristobal... and think of the time we will be together, to dance again.
Yours,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment