Saturday, February 4, 2012

Frieda Kahlo Homage



Parrots must be a common peculiarity of Mexican households. See corresponding story...
http://romancedesigner.blogspot.com/2010/12/latitude-for-compromise.html  
Purple is a very hard colour to photograph. The previous evening, Simmy took 20 pictures before she finally gave up...trying... to see if one of these photos would show true.
In the morning, Simmy said to Sam, "I'm going to take this rose outside and photograph it on the snow to see if it will 'show true.'
"Put some shoes on," he replied.
Simmy laughed, "I know, I have dashed outside, barefoot, least 4 times this last month. That is absolutely frigid, walking barefoot in the snow."
She slipped on Sams' big shoes and flip- flopped outside for the photo shoot.
 With freshly fallen snow as the backdrop, the very first photo turned out perfectly... this is the true color of the purple rose that I made yesterday.
Maybe all the difficulty just had to do with Frieda's fiery temperament.
I hope she's not scowling at me. Oy!
Somebody, Quick, go get her a cigarette!

No comments:

Post a Comment